Cool Summer Dog Treat Recipe You Can Easily Make Yourself! July 20 2014
Banana Peanut Butter Pupsicles:
Summer's in full swing. Why not make your dog some pupsicle treats to cool off with something special?
Here's one of our to-go recipes.
- Blender or food processor
- Ice tray
- Spoon or spatula
- 1 cup fat-free (or full fat is your dog tolerates it) yogurt
- 1 whole banana
- 1tsp – 1 tbsp. peanut butter (without added ingredients – we love to churn our own)
- 1/2 cup water
Blend all ingredients until well pureed. We love the Blendtec blender. Start on low setting for 10 seconds, then increase to medium setting for another 40 seconds or longer if your blender is not as strong as the Blendtec. Pour into ice cube trays. Freeze overnight.
Feed in moderation!
- Greek yogurt works well if you are using full fat.
- If your dog has issues with fat, use low fat yogurt and omit the peanut butter or use less, to your dog’s tolerance.
- You can substitute the banana with other fruits like fresh blueberries or cranberries (1/2 cup) or apple (1/2 cup well pureed and omit the apple seeds which are toxic to dogs!).
* If your dog has issues with fat or other special dietary needs, use low fat yogurt and omit the peanut butter or use less, to your dog’s tolerance and please check with your vet before trying out new foods.